Have you ever been asked, “What do you do for fun?” and wracked your brain for an answer? You won’t have to do that once you’ve installed a multi-purpose game room in your home!
And please skip saying you don’t have the basement space for a rec room. Game rooms/rec rooms can be built anywhere in your house– in a spare bedroom, an unused office or a (formerly) dusty attic. This is a great motivation to clear out the clutter – it’s time!
Pick a Theme
- Wrap yourself in childhood fun with Monopoly or Candyland-themed decor and a closetful of classic board games.
- Online gamer? Situate yourself in virtual reality paradise by decorating in the theme of your favorite world.
- What card shark wouldn’t want a genuine casino in their home? Look up one-of-a-kind card tables and cool chairs to make your players drop their poker face.
- Sports fans can cover the walls with their favorite team’s paraphernalia.
- Pick a decade and go retro! Find furniture, lighting fixtures, and other décor from the era of your choice. You can even seek out vintage games!
- Build an in-house arcade and make it just as noisy and colorful as the real thing. Your game room will be “the talk of the block!”
- Lots of people have pool tables in their rec rooms, but how many have a full-blown billiard room? Take the theme to new levels by designing around the pool table’s style. Add other standing games, such as foosball and air hockey.
- Choose a “Luxe Life” theme, complete with vintage bar accessories and luxury bar stools; “refined” table games like chess (or one of these classic 19th Century Parlor Games) played on an antique game table; and, some classical symphonic tunes playing in the background.
Add a Home Theatre
Games and movies go together like popcorn and candy. They’re both tons of fun, right?
Combine your game room with a home theatre for the ultimate happy place. Choose comfortable seating like classically comfortable sofas and sectionals from xxx and set them up around a big coffee table at knee-height. Then, put up a big projection screen to fill your wall with fascinating images.
You can settle in on the sofa and put your feet up (plus have a place to put your soda) on the table during movie night. Plus, the sofa and table set will double as a gathering place during game time or for a social occasion. Sports fans will appreciate that this is a fabulous set-up for game watching! When things get crowded, get a better view of the screen by adding luxury bar stools from xxx.
Don’t Forget the Watering Hole
A bar stocked with drinks and snacks is a must-have for your personalized game room. Luxury bar stools from xxx “transcend the fashion of the moment, bridging past and future to create a sense of timeless style and luxury.” The addition of luxury bar stools liven up your game room by providing seating not only guests and players but spectators as well. We all need people to cheer us on, don’t we?
Get Set for Gaming
Discover a truly immersive gaming experience with Gaming Chairs, which are comfortable to sit in for hours on end. Not only that- they have built-in speakers, cupholders, and interactive vibration to get you all caught up in the action.
By mounting your gaming consoles on the wall, you can easily hide unsightly wires. This both simplifies TV connection and eliminates the need for a TV stand. To save even more space, mount the controllers on the wall as well (the controllers will become a neat-looking decoration to boot.)
And, here is another reason to install that home theatre: you can use the projector for gaming. Just imagine being immersed in your virtual reality worlds on that huge screen!
Ultimate Game Room for Kids
Your kids will surely thank you when you present them with their very own, kids’-centered playroom. This isn’t your typical playroom with a bunch of stuffed animals thrown around and random puzzle pieces scattered around the floor. Think carefully and pick a design theme that will tickle them, such as their favorite cartoon show or color scheme.
Blogger Julie of Julie Loves Home wrote about how she did a “$100 Chalkboard & Graffiti Guest-Game Room Makeover” on an underutilized room in her home. She bought some chalk and spray paint and, with restraint, let the kids design their hearts out. The result was a room they couldn’t live without.
Julie’s Guest-Game Room Makeover
Once you have chosen your design theme, consider installing:
- A mini children’s library, which can evolve as the kids grow
- A “Wall of Fame” where you frame and hang your children’s artwork and accolades
- A closetful of board games
- A must-have chalkboard wall (buy chalkboard paint or contact paper here)
- Plenty of storage accessories to keep things tidy
- Check out Amazon’s Best Sellers in Rec Room Games for Kids
Keep Score with a Classic Scoreboard
*This commercial scoreboard from M&S Sporting Goods is on the pricey side;
but you can buy a magnetic chalkboard from Amazon and use this as a DIY template!
For kids and adults alike, no game or competition is complete without keeping score. “Watch the game heat up” or “keep track of your winning streak” with a DIY scoreboard – either traditional chalk or dry erase-style.
[Source: Extra Space Storage}
Keyword: luxury bar stools